Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Story Behind MonAnnLisa Wilde's Music

They say that every song tells a story and the first track released from MonAnnLisa Wilde’s new EP, “The Last Time I Saw You on Facebook,” is no different.
“I made friends with a guy who was to make the video clip. The very evening he had invited me for drinks with his mate, his mate got hit by a car just as he stepped his foot on the road. I went on Facebook to see what happens to a profile when someone moves on to the next life. What I found was they are not gone, they're still alive as the profiles are still alive as today, so I did edit the lyrics to include the situation.”
MonAnnLisa, who was born on the Ivory Coast, is greatly influenced by the music of many diverse artists, ranging from Nina Simone to Marilyn Manson, and her EP shows that influence, in a style that is a combination of hard-rock and dance.

Check out the video, “Lsst Time I Saw U on Facebook,” then check her out on Facebook.

No comments: